Tuesday 1 May 2007

Its May


Well its May already and I have a list of things to do this month.

I have two orders that have been generated via my Etsy shop and a craft fair in Stow on the Wold that I cannot seem to get any shrugs knitted for. The craft fair is the first one of the year for me and my stock levels are at an all time low, so needless to say I am beginning to panick now with only 2 weeks to go.

The orders I have are both to American ladies and although won't take me that long to knit will hold up my knitting for the craft fair. The one shrug is a lovely tangerine colour and contains angorra and a lycra based yarn that makes it both soft and fitted. I was planning to have one for myself but have just used the last of the yarn for the order. The second order is a 100% cotton yarn and is for Erin - the below post. The yarn is lovely and rich to work with and falls beautifully. Again I planned to use this yarn for a shrug for myself but again have selflessly given it over for Erin.

The latter part of the month will be taken up with the Hay Festival and school holidays amd hopefully more orders!

My other plans for the month include trying to update my blog more often. I have had an idea to feature a fellow seller from the Uk Etsy group as yet this is still a plan that needs sorting. Watch this space though I will get it done by the end of May!!

I also want to expand on my other passion which is photography. At the moment I take photos for pleasure but want to get into selling them. My bug bear is that I can't stand the thought of using photoshop or such things. What happened to the days when taking a photo relied on skill rather than computer knowledge! Call me old fashioned but I like to see the raw photograph, not only do you get the photographers perspective but you can really see the naked thing!

I am planning to get my prints onto postcard and greeting cards at some point but this is costly and time consuming and the shrugs are pulling me in that direction at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!

do you have a contact email?

please drop me a line at

elizabeth [at] dawanda [dot] com

thanks!