Tuesday, 23 October 2007
Sunday, 23 September 2007
Thursday, 2 August 2007
Wednesday, 25 July 2007
This is a lovely and soft yarn called Soft tweed. It is a lovely pinky beige and is a mix of wool, viscose and silk. It has slubs of a pale delicate blue running along the length of the yarn and is baby soft against the skin. This is also available in a pale blue colour.
I'll keep you posted on the choice Kathy goes for and a piccie of the final shrug once it is complete.
Tuesday, 26 June 2007
Wednesday, 13 June 2007
Saturday, 26 May 2007
Saturday, 12 May 2007
Tuesday, 1 May 2007
Well its May already and I have a list of things to do this month.
I have two orders that have been generated via my Etsy shop and a craft fair in Stow on the Wold that I cannot seem to get any shrugs knitted for. The craft fair is the first one of the year for me and my stock levels are at an all time low, so needless to say I am beginning to panick now with only 2 weeks to go.
The orders I have are both to American ladies and although won't take me that long to knit will hold up my knitting for the craft fair. The one shrug is a lovely tangerine colour and contains angorra and a lycra based yarn that makes it both soft and fitted. I was planning to have one for myself but have just used the last of the yarn for the order. The second order is a 100% cotton yarn and is for Erin - the below post. The yarn is lovely and rich to work with and falls beautifully. Again I planned to use this yarn for a shrug for myself but again have selflessly given it over for Erin.
The latter part of the month will be taken up with the Hay Festival and school holidays amd hopefully more orders!
My other plans for the month include trying to update my blog more often. I have had an idea to feature a fellow seller from the Uk Etsy group as yet this is still a plan that needs sorting. Watch this space though I will get it done by the end of May!!
I also want to expand on my other passion which is photography. At the moment I take photos for pleasure but want to get into selling them. My bug bear is that I can't stand the thought of using photoshop or such things. What happened to the days when taking a photo relied on skill rather than computer knowledge! Call me old fashioned but I like to see the raw photograph, not only do you get the photographers perspective but you can really see the naked thing!
I am planning to get my prints onto postcard and greeting cards at some point but this is costly and time consuming and the shrugs are pulling me in that direction at the moment.
Wednesday, 25 April 2007
Sunday, 22 April 2007
Tuesday, 17 April 2007
Along with fellow UK etsyers I have been tagged by the lovely Sakura to reveal 10 things about me. Thought I should add a photo too (yew, I hate photos of me)
Not sure I am that interesting but here goes:-
1. I came 2nd in the Welsh Eisteddfodd playing a piano recital when I was 10.
2. I have a profound fear of height. 4 years ago on a holiday to Turkey I parascended from 2000 feet! The instructor was so amazed that I did it (was suffering with wobbly legs and the inability to talk at the time) that I went again for FREE!!! Never been up in a lift since!!!!!??
3. I almost gave birth to my second child in a store room on the antenatal ward (don't ask what I was doing there)
4. I once drank a whole bottle of southern comfort and vomitted all over the house - not so bad but my parents were hosting a dinner party at the time.
5. I passed my driving test 1st time having only had lessons from my Dad yay for my Dad!
6. I will be 40 in 9 months and am soooo not looking forward to it!
7. I have delivered 89 babies.
8. Alan Titchmarsh brushed against my plants at Gardeners World Live 2 years ago. They are all doing well!
9. I met the queen when I was 8.
10. Up until 2 years ago I did not know how to knit.
See I told you I have nothing interesting to say. Right who is next to be tagged.
Wednesday, 28 March 2007
The British contingency of the Etsy World are staging a sale for the week commencing 1st April - 8th April 2007.
Take a minute to have a look around at the shops. There are very talented crafters there offering various discounts during the week, from money off, free gifts, free postage. The list is endless.
Visit http://www.etsy.com/. Type into the tag box uksale and it should provide you with a list of shops participating in the sale.
In my shop http://www.amandawilliamsdesign.etsy.com/ I am offering 10% off all purchases made during the week.
Sunday, 25 March 2007
Wednesday, 21 March 2007
This is my latest creation. A friend is going to a wedding in May and wanted a wrap. The yarn is a kid mohair and silk and is wonderful to work with. I love this green colour I was really pleased as I managed to find some crystals in the same colour to sew onto the edges. it really catches the light.